Here we are again sharing the 5th recipe of this blog. This time a very easy one: fried mushrooms in the pan. Mushrooms like this are perfect in combination with pasta, any sort of grain (couscous, spelt or burley), or just as they are as a side dish. This recipe is amazing because mushrooms are just tasting awesome and you can enjoy them in their full flavor!
Ingredients for 4 people: Preparation (15 min.) – Cooking (20 min.)
- 450 gr of mushrooms
- 2 big onions
- 3 cloves of garlic
- 1 hot chilly pepper
- White wine
- Salt and pepper
- Olive oil
- Pour a generous amount of olive oil in the pan
- Cut the onions in small pieces together with the garlic and put them in the pan when the oil is hot
- Get your mushrooms ready. Cut them or strip them in pieces and add them to the pan when the onions and garlic are already becoming translucent but do not make the garlic burn!
- Stir very well the mushrooms and let them fry a bit at high fire
- Then, put the lid on and lower the fire.
- Let it all cook for at least 15 min. with the water released by the mushrooms themselves. If they start to burn or they need more liquid consider putting in some white wine. Add salt.
- Taste the mushrooms. When they are soft enough remove the lid and let it dry at a higher fire.
- Cook like this until you like the consistency and taste.
- Add pepper and salt if needed.
- You can eat the mushrooms like maybe as a side dish for potatoes or put them in pasta and enjoy!